|ED106 - Enhancing Student Learning|
This course provides methodologies and examples to help instructors increase content retention and application by students in need of support. The course starts by covering the skills needed by instructors to be clear communicators. We then discuss ways instructors can become effective in monitoring students and using student groups as learning tools. The course concludes by covering techniques and strategies to instruct diverse learners, including learners with disabilities.
Module 1: Developing Your Communication Skills
- List different ways of delivering clear presentations.
- Identify different ways of reinforcing new content.
- Use reinforcing strategies to assist students with content retention.
- Create a plan to refine your communication skills.
Module 2: Organizing Student Learning Groups
- List ways of becoming an effective monitor.
- Organize student-learning groups.
- Use student groups as learning tools.
Module 3: Instructing Diverse Learners
- Identify the different categories of diverse learners.
- Describe the characteristics of diverse learners.
- Use the strategies suggested for working with diverse learners.
Module 4: Instructing Learners with Disabilities
- Identify the different categories of students with learning disabilities.
- Determine the characteristics of students with learning disabilities.
- Use the strategies suggested for working with students with learning disabilities.